It's no secret that a person's eyes can tell a lot about him, about his lifestyle, about his state of mind and, of course, about age. When time is running fast, and anti-aging creams and serums for rejuvenating the eyelids stop working, really effective remedies, for example, blepharoplasty, must come to the rescue.
Blepharoplasty is a surgical lifting of the lower and upper eyelids for the purpose of rejuvenation. In addition to the fact that this procedure tightens sagging skin, it also allows you to remove fatty hernias from the upper eyelids, change the shape of the eyes and save clients from the bag under the eyes if they were provoked by hernias. If you would like to get rid of the expression lines in the corners of the eyes, then blepharoplasty will not cope with this. For this we can offer another procedure, for example, face resurfacing and various effective injections.
Who needs blepharoplasty? Most often, this procedure is in demand among people of mature age from 40 and above, who have developed noticeable wrinkles over the upper eyelids over the years, as well as excess skin may appear, as a result of which it lies on the eyelashes, which visually makes a person older.
How is surgical blepharoplasty performed:
- Upper eyelid surgery is performed as follows. The doctor makes an incision along the natural fold of the skin and removes excess skin and fatty tissue. And if necessary, it forms the upper eyelid. The duration of such an operation is from one and a half to three hours and is performed under general anesthesia.
- Lower eyelid surgery is performed as follows. Lower eyelid blepharoplasty differs from its upper level of complexity and requires the skill of a surgeon. In this case, the incision is made under the lash line, but otherwise the process is similar to upper eyelid surgery.
- There is also transconjunctival blepharoplasty, it is performed to remove fatty hernias under the eyes and only in young patients, since their skin still has elasticity. The surgeon makes an incision on the inner surface of the lower eyelid, removes fat and sutures.
How long the postoperative period can last. After the operation, a tight eye patch is applied to the patient, which is removed after 4 or even 5 hours. After 5-7 days, the patient's stitches are removed, during which time swelling and postoperative bruises usually disappear. But bruising can remain in areas for 10 to 30 days. The most important point is that the patient will have to wear sunglasses in order not to expose the eyes to bright light, and also have to use hypoallergenic cosmetics. Also, after the operation, the patient will have to temporarily stop using lenses. A little later it will be possible to return to this method of vision correction. In addition, patients are strictly prohibited from alcohol, smoking, playing sports, going to the sauna, solarium. And you should also limit domestic physical activity.
The rejuvenating effect of eyelid blepharoplasty usually lasts 10-14 years. But we recommend repeating the operation no more than three times.
Who is contraindicated for blepharoplasty?
- People with high blood and intraocular pressure;
- People with dry eyes;
- People with thyroid disease;
- People with severe diseases of internal organs;
- People with diabetes mellitus;
- People with cancer;
- People with bleeding disorders;
- People with diseases around the eyes;
- People with injected fillers around the eyes, such as silicone;
- The period of menstruation in women;
Preparation for plastic surgery of the eyelids. Any surgical intervention requires careful preparation, which is why the patient needs to be tested and undergo certain examinations:
1. Biochemical blood test;
2. Analysis of urine;
3. Consultation with an ophthalmologist;
4. In the presence of diseases, consultation of the necessary specialists.
If you decide on blepharoplasty, then choose a clinic and a doctor responsibly. Our surgical clinic has been on the market for over 16 years, therefore, we are happy, safe and high-quality to help you. And remember that blepharoplasty is a surgical procedure in which the risks inherent in operations are possible. And if your problem is small, then we strongly recommend resorting to simple, conservative methods.