Otoplasty in Chisinau - auricle plastic surgery in Chirurgomf
Today, surgery offers cosmeticsolutions to people who are dissatisfied with the position of the ears from the head, their shape or disproportionate size. Ear defects are difficult to hide, and the complexes caused by this defect lead to a loss of self-confidence and low self-esteem. But our maxillofacial surgery can offer a way out of this situation - otoplasty.
Otoplasty - correction of acquired or congenital deformities of the auricles. This type of aesthetic and reconstructive surgery involves correcting the size and shape of the ears, getting rid of lop-eared ears, or restoring the auricles in case of their partial or complete absence.
In the Chirurgomf Center for Maxillofacial, Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery in Chisinau, experienced specialists perform the following group of operations:
- aesthetic otoplasty - correction of auricle imperfections;
- reconstructive otoplasty - full or partial restoration of the auricles.
What should you do if you decide on otoplasty?
The main recommendations of specialists are:
- Do not take aspirin, drugs like it, or hormones 14 days before surgery.
- 14 days before the plastic surgery of the auricle, you should stop smoking and alcohol, in the case of cigarettes, at least minimize to 2-3 cigarettes per day;
- A week before - it is worth switching to a diet recommended by a doctor;
- For your post-operative comfort, it is worth preparing clothing that is easy to remove and put on without hurting your ears.
Otoplasty in Chisinau - procedure at Chirurgomf
Ways to perform ear correction in Chirurgomf
Directly the method itself depends on the anatomical features of the person. The best way to carry out the operation is selected. For example, with lop-eared ears, we remove part of the skin behind the ear, after which the cartilaginous tissue folds. Due to this action, the ear is pressed against the head and acquires a natural position. Often, other operations are not complex. Anesthesia or general anesthesia is applied, the doctor makes an incision behind the ear, through which he performs the necessary manipulations, and then the incisions are closed with sutures. An exception is the formation of the auricle in its complete or partial absence. It also requires careful and accurate work of the surgeon.
After otoplasty, the postoperative period plays an important role in life. During this time, the patient must follow the rules that the doctors will explain to him. The main stages of rehabilitation are as follows:
- The first day is uncomfortable;
- The first week is the initial healing period;
- At the end of the first week, stitches are removed;
- Second week - primary healing after suture removal;
- The third and fourth weeks are the period of general healing;
- The next 2-3 months - the healing is completely completed, and the result is obvious and coincides with the expected;
But in order for the rehabilitation period to go well, here's what the patient needs to know:
- Come on time for dressing;
- Do not remove the fixation bandage during the first week;
- Pain medications can be taken;
- Sleep on your back, do not touch or wet your ears;
- After the first three days and until the end of the second week, the head should be washed only with water without any means;
- Contact sports are prohibited;
- Physical activity should be avoided;
- Avoid direct sunlight;
- The diet should not contain spicy, salty, fatty and smoked foods;
- It is necessary to exclude alcohol and nicotine;
There are no contraindications for ear plastic surgery, the presence of serious diseases or a specific condition of the body can become an obstacle. If you have at least one of the following circumstances, then you are not recommended to use the otoplasty service:
- You have cancer;
- You have a blood clotting disorder and other blood diseases;
- You are pregnant;
- The patient is less than six years old;
- You have diabetes;
- Your chronic illness has worsened;
If you do not find the above circumstances in yourself, then before the procedure you will need to pass a number of tests: blood test for HIV, hepatitis B and C, coagulation; general analysis of urine and blood, if necessary, a cardiogram; it is also important that the doctor knows about the patient's chronic diseases, drug allergies and pregnancy.
We are not afraid of the complexity of your future operation, as we are confident in our knowledge, strength, capabilities and professionalism. We will confidently carry out both aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery on your ears in Chisinau. Our doctors provide an attentive attitude to the patient before, during and after the operation, as well as give detailed recommendations for the rehabilitation period. Remember that in a short time you can completely get rid of complexes and self-doubt thanks to maxillofacial surgery on Tom Chorbe 1.